Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Communication In Society Speech - 23.01.11.

"Our desire is for Your Name and renown."  - Isaiah 26:8b
So often, especially in today's society, we worry about our own names and our own renown.  We focus on ourselves.
"Am I looking popular?" "Am I getting the recognition that I deserve?" "What can I do in life that will make me look good?" "How can I get people to focus on me?"
But it's not about us.  It's never been about us.
It's all about Jesus, because we would be as filthy rags without Jesus.
When God looks at us, He chooses not to see our filth and our sin, but instead sees Jesus inside of us.
Wouldn't we want the world to see us like this?
If we really want the world to see the best that we are, then we should want them to see Jesus, because Jesus is the best thing we have.
I am the first to admit that I like to be noticed for me and my accomplishments.  But the thing that I need to remember is that when I do something and receive recognition and renown for my name, I need to give credit where credit's due.  I would be nothing and would not have the strength to do anything without Jesus, and this is what I need to remember when I am praised.
"Lord, You will establish peace for us, for you have also done all our work for us.  Lord our God, other lords than You have ruled over us, but we remember Your Name alone." - Isaiah 26:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment