Thursday, July 21, 2011

I feel like I can spit fire! - Neville Longbottom

"Music, the greatest good that mortals know, and all of heaven we have below. Music can noble hints impart, engender fury, kindle love; with unsuspected eloquence can move and manage all the man with secret art." 
- Joseph Addison

Rain and music are, I think, the two most beautiful things in creation. They are also very much alike to me. 
I love listening to conductors like Alexandre Desplat when it rains. I think perhaps he sometimes writes his music just for rainy days. 




Have you ever listened to a song and felt like it was the last song you ever wanted to listen to again? I feel like I find songs like that all the time. 


A few years ago, a sweet boy named Michael let me borrow his copy of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. In this wonderful book, Charlie says to his friend, "I have finished To Kill A Mockingbird. It is now my favo[u]rite book of all time, but then again, I always think that until I read another book." This is me at nearly every book and song and film that I see. 
I love Stephen Chbosky for saying that for me. But then I love Mr. Chbosky for saying a lot of things for me in his book. 




I love Mr. Chbosky for this: 
"Sam tapped her hand on the steering wheel. Patrick held his hand outside the car and made air waves. And I just sat between them. After the song finished, I said something. 
'I feel infinite.'
And Sam and Patrick looked at me like I said the greatest thing they ever heard. Because the song was that great and because we all really paid attention to it. Five minutes of a lifetime were truly spent, and we felt young in a good way." 


I didn't have a particular point to writing any of this, but maybe that's when the best emotions come out of oneself. Anyways, maybe I just wanted to pretend like someone somewhere might be paying attention and might listen to these songs and read Mr. Chbosky's book and feel as if their soul had found a nice place to curl up and rest. 


One last song for the road. 







No comments:

Post a Comment