Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Open Letter to the Celebrity Actor

Dear Celebrity Actor,

            It’s all right.

            It’s all right with me that you smoke when you are stressed or you curse when you are nervous or you don’t regret that one night or you wake up grumpy sometimes.

            I think we forget that truly you’re just human and I’m sorry I forget it sometimes, too.

            I’d like to meet you, for sure. Just like I’d like to meet anyone who appears kind and friendly and smiles.

            I’d like to meet you to tell you thank you for playing that character because the way you spoke those words inspired me in various parts of my own life. I’d like to thank you for entertaining me and making me laugh or cry or smile or whatever things I felt.

            Your job sounds glamorous and difficult and stressful and rewarding. I wonder what it’s like to do your job, but I don’t exactly envy you.

            You’ll have to excuse me if I ever meet you and smile a lot without speaking or blush fervently or just stare incessantly. You’ve embodied characters I’ve fallen in love with and befriended, and at first I’m going to see them instead of you. I’ll try hard to remember that you’re you now, but give me just a moment.

            Maybe we’ll be friends and maybe we won’t. Maybe I’ll annoy you or you’ll have a completely different sense of humour than me or you love skydiving and I love being on the ground.

            As I said, it’s fine. You are allowed to be your own person, just like me.

            But really, I just want to tell you that I’ve enjoyed your work and I’m wishing the very best for your future.

            So have fun. And sorry again when we get ridiculous.

            You just keep on truckin’, son.


           From a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment