Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Until The NyQuil Kicks In

It’s late.
            But the NyQuil hasn’t kicked in yet, so I estimate that I have fifteen minutes before it does and forces me to sleep.
            Maybe ten.
            Sometimes I get frustrated at all the things I don’t get.
Not just things like calculus or chemistry or how to draw or dance.
Things like why someone would ever want to physically hurt another human being.
Or how to not make things awkward and complicated.
Or how to love someone platonically.
Or why knowing the difference between love and lust is hard.
Or how to love the appropriate people and know when someone is not good for you.
Or what one should do to pray better and more sincerely.
Or how to express things to someone who has a different love language than you.
Or just some days how to be a normal, functioning member of society.
I like getting things. But the older I get, the more I don’t get things.
That’s okay, right?
Okay, I lied. It was like five minutes. NyQuil wins this round. 



           
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment