Friday, January 15, 2016

That Moving Day Mindset Though

In fifteen days, I get to start over.




I found a new place to live, and these final fifteen days until I get to live there feel like a hundred days.
Obviously I’m excited.
I’m currently sick and couldn’t sleep last night, so as I tried to drift off, I sappily thought about all the wonderful and weird and happy and dramatic and stupid things that happened in this apartment.

Wonderful = My man told me he loved me for the first time in this apartment. That’s the most wonderful thing I could have asked for.

Weird = I grew up in a lot of good but weird ways here. I learned I’m better and healthier living alone, I learned when to keep my mouth shut when I really want to yell at certain individuals when I see them in my neighborhood, I learned what I had to write on work order requests to get the maintenance guys to leave notes when they fix things, I learned to not sweat the small stuff sometimes.

Happy = I discovered who I should keep around in my life, and who is unhealthy. Which was an extremely happy thing for me because I’ve always dealt with being desperate for friends and being wiling to be friends with anyone who smiles at me. But over the past 13 months living here, I figured out who is healthy for me and who’s not.

Dramatic = See above where I said I figured out who was unhealthy. Enough said.

Stupid = Lots and lots and lots of stupid mistakes were made in this apartment. Selfish decisions, saying words that felt great in the moment but weren’t even thought through a little bit, stuffing myself with Taco Bell and Fazzoli’s until I really just wanted to throw up.


I can’t wait for the new wonderful and weird and happy dramatic and stupid and sappy things that will happen in my new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment