Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Politics And Stuff

I don't talk about politics.

Mostly because I know nothing about them.

I fully admit that I probably should learn something about politics besides really liking The West Wing but struggling to understand anything that happens on the show besides who's kissing who.

I think it would do our country an enormous amount of good if people my age - aka kids who have been out of college long enough to understand a wee bit about the world but not adult enough yet to really truly understand a 401k - took it upon themselves to be educated about politics (and in my humble opinion, saying you don't want Hillary to be president because she's a girl is NOT a good enough reason to not want her as president).

I mean have a comprehensive, basic understanding of politics. Enough that you could at least stumble through a grown-up conversation about politics.

I think that's probably how you know you're a true adult - you want to at least sort of understand big things like politics and 401k's.

And as much as I find politics icky and terrifying, I want to do some research or take a class or talk to someone who can patiently explain things to me.

But, until that time comes and I can say with reasonable confidence why I want to vote for someone, I 100% for sure can say that even if you don't agree with Obama's way of being president or whatever, you have to admit that he seems like a cool guy.

Like, even if sometimes I roll my eyes and say, "Thanks, Obama," I still think he got swag and we should be besties.

If you think I've lost my mind at this point, I submit this link of some awesome photography of the prez.

http://twistedsifter.com/2016/07/pete-souza-white-house-photog-favorite-obama-photos/

You won't be disappointed. Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment