Monday, November 14, 2011

"Now you know I can't smile without you."

I never thought it would be so hard to write a play.

I'm working on a project for my Rhetoric And Writers class, and we were given the opportunity to write in any format we wished, saying really anything we wished rhetorically.  Stupidly, I thought this was a great opportunity to try writing a play.  I've always wanted to, so I figured I would just go for it.

I forgot to look before I jumped.

Maybe it's not even the play format itself, but the content that's bothering me.

I decided I would write about a priest who is young and fresh, but already tired.  He is beginning to think of his relationship with God as more of a dutiful marriage that he is committed to instead of the fiery passion he once had.  A young nameless woman comes to confessional one day and tells the priest that she is dying and is scared.  Through conversation, the priest realizes that this woman has a passion for God beyond belief, but has let her passion go so far that she can't work out her own death. 

I was proud of this story when it first came.  Now I just want to be done with it.

But I can't stop.  Even if my story is crap, it's become a symbol to me now.  I feel like I quit when things get old, I can't quit this.

I think I have a problem attaching symbolism and metaphors to everything I do.

In other news, keep calm cause Neville got sexy.

1 comment:

  1. Neville got cute. Sexy may still be a bit of a stretch. If he ever manages to seduce me, then he will be deemed sexy :p.

    ReplyDelete