Monday, March 16, 2015

I'm Making This Quick Because It's Past My Bed Time

Yes, I have a bed time now.

Which is one of these new Things For Me:

I. My bed time on week days is 23:00 (or 11 pm as the common folk say) and my bed time on weekends is midnight.

II. Spend intentional, relationship time with God every night. That might mean five minutes on some nights or an hour on other nights. It's a real relationship; sometimes there are long things to talk about and sometimes I just need to soak in Scripture for a few minutes before rolling over and sleeping.

III. Do things. Go to movies I want to see, maybe alone. Journey to The Square Room on a Friday night. Be laughable and go bowling on double dates. Do strange things I'e never done before like go to ice hockey games or find a Moroccan restaurant or hike trails that are challenging.

IV. Be. Read my favourite book a thousand times over, get massages because they make me feel better and are my splurge, take pleasure in organizing and doing odd crafts, don't apologize for me.

V. Volunteer at The Salvation Army at least once a month. It's where I feel God smile, it's where I want to be.

VI. Acceptance, while striving to be better. Loving myself the exact way I look and am, while working to make improvements.

That's it.

I just wanted to write them down here because a) If I write them down, they ring truth and b) If I put them on the internet where there's a chance they'll be seen, I'm more inclined to follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment